Running on Neon Postgres
Neon is a fully-managed serverless Postgres service.
- Create a project on Neon with a given name in a region close to where you will be hosting your Umami project.
- You can also create a Neon project with the Neon CLI:
npx neonctl projects create. The connection string will be printed to the console.
- Get the database connection string with pooled connection enabled. It should look something like this:
- You can also get the connection string with Neon CLI:
npx neonctl connection-string --project-id <project-id> --pooled.
- Important: add
?pgbouncer=true&connect_timeout=10 to the connection string you just copied.
DATABASE_URL to your
- You should now be able to check the database connection and update the schema (
yarn run build-db && yarn run update-db).
- Follow the Getting started guide starting from the Login step and be sure to change the default password.